Working for Metrocare isn’t just a job. It’s a career whereyour skills and passion for delivering quality care makea positive difference to the individuals that we serve.
Metrocare is looking for full time customer service oriented individuals to assist our consumers seeking developmental disability services in making the right decisions for their loved ones. The Service Coordinator is a customer service oriented individual who will assist our customers seeking developmental disability services in making the right decisions for their loved ones. The Service Coordinator also provides assistance in accessing medical, social, educational, and other appropriate services and supports that will help an individual achieve quality of life and community participation acceptable to the individual or Legally Authorized Representative (LAR) on the individual’s behalf.
Metrocare is the largest provider of mental health services in Dallas County, serving more than 57,000 adults and children annually. For more than fifty (50) years, Metrocare has provided an array of services available to people with mental and developmental disabilities. In addition to behavioral health services, Metrocare provides primary care centers for adults and children, accessible pharmacies, housing and supportive social services. Through the Altshuler Center for Education & Research we are advancing mental health beyond Dallas County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Meeting with developmental disability customers at their homes, listening carefully to ascertain their needs, and helping them determine what services they require
- Making recommendations for, and explaining services to customers, based on their needs
- Taking customers’ initial service requests
- Entering information into our computer system
- Help customers access services to help them achieve the quality of life they desire
- Meeting with customers monthly or quarterly to ensure they are getting needed services, to evaluate the effectiveness of the services in meeting needs, and to determine new problems and new interventions.
- Meeting with developmental disability services providers to learn their services, to arrange services for customers, to advocate for our customers, and to make sure they are taking care of our customers.
- When a crisis arises, be available to help link and assist customers to secure services that will enable them to prevent future crises
- Be the primary customer contact, ensuring that satisfaction is the end result.
The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently
- Basic computer skills, Windows ’95 and Microsoft Word. Prefer experience with Askesis
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Must have valid Texas driver’s license
Must have own source of transportation
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Bilingual salary differential available
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a social, behavioral, or human service field including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human development, gerontology, educational psychology, and education.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Requires positive attitude on working with developmentally disabled customers.
- None required for this position.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding of Metrocare programs.
- Ability to compose written correspondence on email and word processing (MS Word) program.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required for this position.
- In-county travel.
- None-to-Negligible travel outside of the county.
Metrocare couldn’t have a great employee-first culture without great benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive salary, exceptional training and an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan, including employer matching
- Health Savings Account, including employer matching
- Professional Development Allowance
- Bilingual Stipend – up to 6% of the base salary
- Many other benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tobacco Free Facilities - Metrocare is committed to promoting the health, well-being and safety of Metrocare team members, guests, and individuals and families we serves while on the facility campuses. Therefore, Metrocare facilities and grounds are tobacco-free.
No calls from staffing agencies or independent recruiters