OverviewThe Service Department Cashier courteously and efficiently manages all service and repair transactions for our valued customers. He or she receives and processes payments for services rendered or parts and materials purchased, explains vehicle service recommendations to customers, and completes estimates and invoices. The Service Department Cashier uses the appropriate software programs to record payment amounts and repair orders and to manage customer data, such as service history, parts purchased, and contact information. He or she may need to calculate materials charges, repair charges, and taxes and must understand various types of warranties. The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED and previous retail and/or customer service experience that includes money-handling and point-of-sale (POS) system experience. Automotive dealership experience preferred. He or she must have a pleasant and courteous personality, strong administrative and organizational skills, good computer and internet skills, and an excellent customer service focus. Work Schedule : Full time- 5 days a week rotating schedule with work hours from 1 pm to 10 pm (with lunch and all other applicable breaks). Schedule is subject to change if necessary.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our employees: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Health & Wellness Program, community involvement and company paid vacation and holidays.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for his or her money drawer.
- Coordinates questions and issues with the appropriate department personnel.
- Addresses customer concerns and issues or escalates them as needed.
- Helps with clerical/office tasks, such as scheduling appointments, maintaining records, sending bills, answering phones, ordering supplies, etc.
- Ensures that all customer contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Follows all safety and security procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of company and customer information at all times.
- Reconcile repair order which includes calculating the material (or shop supplies) charges applicable for each repair order, accurately calculate the total retail price for parts, fluids, material, or shop supplies, labor and taxes.
- Collect the total retail charges from the customer in cash, check or authorized charge account.
- Provide the customer with the proper change and/or receipts.
- Properly documents charges purchases according to the company's policy.
- Calculate and enter the warranty charges applicable.
- Accumulate all repair orders and parts invoices closed during the business day to the business office daily.
- Maintain the effective labor rate control forms as directed by management.
- Control the keys associated with completed repair orders, return customer's keys to them when their bills are paid and direct customers where they may find their vehicle.
- File repair orders as directed by service department management.
- Answer service department telephone calls to the people requested and best suited to take the call and take written messages when the needed personnel are not available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 + years' experience preferred.
- Automotive Dealership experience a PLUS!
- Service or hospitality industries experience a PLUS!
- Previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Point-of-sale (cash register) and credit or debit card processing skills.
- Strong math skills and the ability to handle financial transactions rapidly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of automotive servicing or repair highly desired.
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly trustworthy and security conscious.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Confidence in your ability to be successful.
- Professional appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a process driven environment.