The Service/Fleet Manager is responsible for correcting failures and monitoring the functioning of the company’s vehicles and equipment. The Service/Fleet Manager will diagnose problems and potential issues in equipment/vehicles and repair and/or replace the faulty part. A full road test will be performed after each repair to determine if the vehicle is ready for use. The Service/Fleet Manager will hold the highest standards of safety and quality in mind prior to clearing a vehicle and/or piece of equipment for use by any employee. The Service/Fleet Manager will manage Shop Mechanics, keep a well-organized and clean shop, have strong organizational skills and be highly proficient in self-managing repair projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage computerized maintenance system and monitor regularly for scheduled services due.
- Review pre/post trip reports on a daily basis to monitor status of equipment/vehicles. Prepares work orders for all vehicles and equipment in need of repairs and maintenance.
- Identify, diagnose, and perform repairs of the company’s vehicles and equipment (including, but not limited to, light duty work trucks, trailers, TMA’s, excavators, blasters, forklifts, guardrail punch trucks, drill trucks, and commercial motor vehicles).
- Perform vehicle and equipment inspections and repairs, including, but not limited to, annual DOT inspections.
- Inspects and tests vehicles and equipment regularly to ensure availability for employees and project requirements.
- Perform emergency repairs on vehicles located remotely when needed.
- Completes preventative maintenance on vehicles such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, replacing filters, replacing lights, etc..
- Maintain detailed records of each repair and each part order.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager on status of vehicles/equipment pending repair and determines priorities for the order of repairs.
- Works closely with the Safety Committee in order to maintain a safe workplace, compliant with OSHA regulations.
- Order parts and supplies needed for maintenance and repair work (prior authorization from General Manager needed on orders over $500.00).
- Manages inventory in each company vehicle, including beacons, work lights, safety equipment, first-aid kits, proof of registration, insurance cards, etc.
- Work with the office to order fuel cards for each vehicle.
- Responsible for the inspection of equipment (i.e., arrow boards, message boards, generators, batteries, etc.), to ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to leaving the facility for use on jobs.
- Maintain shop inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Other duties as required by the General Manager/Operations Manager.
- Will possess strong mechanical skills and be able to troubleshoot and correct mechanical problems.
- 2+ years’ experience in automotive/diesel engine repair and heavy equipment repair, including semi-trucks and trailers.
- 1+ years’ experience in TIG, gas shield, and stick welding.
- Must have basis computer skills to manage computerized maintenance system.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
- Must be willing to travel for emergency repairs when needed.
- Must have a positive attitude and be flexible with schedule changes.
- Must be highly motivated and able to self-manage while working independently.
- Must possess an extensive knowledge of a variety of repair procedures.
- Must possess an extensive knowledge of fabrication and machine operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the Service/Fleet Manager will be required to move frequently, walk, sit, crouch, kneel and lift/move up to 60lbs regularly. A pre-employment fit-for-duty physical is required prior to hire.Special Requirements:
- A valid driver’s license is required, and, must possess and maintain a valid CDL Class A License in the state or Oregon, or have to ability to obtain a CDL license during the probationary period.
- Must maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Must possess a valid DOT Health Certificate.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or Technical certification preferred.
Negotiable - Based on Experience