At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, our Customer Experience team is focused on reimagining healthcare to help people along their health journey during the everyday moments and the ones that matter the most. We touch the lives of over 5 million members and are shaping the future to make healthcare more easy, useful and enjoyable for all.
In this role, you’ll research and design services and interactions that help make our members’ lives easier when it comes to their healthcare. Our service designers translate research, use expertise on interaction design and approach their work from a place of empathy to create and improve experiences along the member journey.
To do this, you’ll collaborate with the team, business and other stakeholders in workshops, ideation sessions and other design activities.
- Help internal clients and other stakeholders understand design solutions both verbally and visually.
- Based on primary and secondary design research, including user needs assessments, contribute insights and ideas for designing how members will interact with us.
- Leverage storytelling to clearly articulate design ideas and decisions and participate in feedback discussions.
- May lead and co-lead some design activities for certain projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience designing services and interactions, preferably for external customers.
- Experience creating journey / experience maps, service / interaction models and flows and wireframes.
- Understanding of prototyping, from lo-tech methods to digital.
- Ability to help stakeholders understand the importance of user-centered, empathetic design approaches.