As an service desk engineer, this is a great mid level position. You will be working with junior and senior engineers to resolve tickets related to all of our internal employees globally. You will play a role in troubleshooting, resolving, and researching complex issues as they arise. You will have a hands-on role with expectations to contribute both technically and culturally. You will also be expected to participate in IT projects related to enterprise applications, networking, and security teams.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with our global help desk team to troubleshoot and close tickets.
- Act as a point of escalation for tickets and issues coming from associates.
- Maintain and order hardware inventory for your corresponding office.
- Image new laptops and take care of new hires for your corresponding office.
- Assist with asset inventory, auditing, and reporting.
- Work with different teams such as networking, security, and infrastructure within the company to get the latest technologies applied.
- Work with our AV team to audit and maintain conference room hardware / software.
- Monitor Slack channels, help users and other engineers to resolve the issues.
- Manage a specific project that will enhance the help desk environment.
What You Need for this Position
- Degree in Technology or an equivalent focus.
- Knowledge of the 7 layer OSI model and how it works.
- Broad knowledge with industry standard platforms, including Windows desktop (Windows 10), Macbooks, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and DNS.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to hunt down a problem and find a solution.
- Ability to mentor and train junior associates on the team.
- Great team work and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must.
- Great customer service skills are essential.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace