The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security (EOTSS) is the state’s lead office for information technology. We provide enterprise level information technology services including network management and security; computer operations; application hosting; desktop provisioning and management; and, modern and responsive digital services to 40,000 internal stakeholders plus the residents, business owners and visitors to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
About the Role:
EOTSS is seeking to hire a motivated Service Desk Operations Analyst. The Service Desk Operations Analyst will act as point person within the End User Services group. They will perform initial and ongoing training of End User Services analysts while regularly monitoring phone, ticket, messaging, queues to ensure the group’s work is done in a timely manner.
The Service Desk Operations Analyst will provide excellent customer service and perform all duties in accordance with Service Desk procedures. The Analyst will accurately evaluate the type, complexity and magnitude of each issue reported to ensure they are categorized correctly and escalated effectively. When possible, the Analyst will make proactive recommendations for improvements or alternative solutions to the end user.
• Handle outgoing notifications/messages as the main point of contact, from EOTSS to Commonwealth Agencies
• Train employees and keep all knowledge documentation up to date. Including maintaining technical and general training outlines
• Perform ticket evaluations to ensure quality and consistent ticket content.
• Facilitate Major Incident conference calls with EOTSS, Vendors, and Commonwealth Agency groups
• Record and evaluate Technical support incidents (Network, VPN, Email, Telecom, and Mass.Gov) received from Commonwealth agencies
• Handle escalation calls and tickets from Service Desk Analysts and other End User Services groups
• Provide backup support to the other Service Desk Leads
• Escalate Level 2 tickets effectively within End User Services and/or other EOTSS Level 2 teams or Vendors
• Follow all policies and procedures established for End User Services regarding Incident Management and Service Request processing
• Escalate to management any trending issues and/or incidents that might need to be escalated to a Major Incident
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems, preferably in a service desk environment with a helpdesk ticketing system / call queue
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing situations and learn new emerging technologies
- Excellent customer service abilities, with strong written (documentation) and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of:
- WAN, LAN, and VPN network protocols; TCP/IP and network diagnostic tools/ techniques
- Remote Access tools to perform PC basic troubleshooting problems
- Computer viruses, various ways they may propagate, and implications of a virus attack
- Mainframe application environments and communication protocols
- Proven experience, with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 functionality
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Microsoft, Cisco, Nortel, or CompTia certification
- Public Sector experience
- Hands on experience and knowledge with ServiceNow or other IT service management ticketing systems.
- Telecom ACD (automated call distributor) application
*The primary work location for this role will be at 200 Arlington Street Chelsea, Massachusetts 02150.
*All offers of employment into this position are conditional and subject to passing: a Massachusetts Criminal Background Check (CORI); a security clearance (fingerprinting) consistent with IRS and/or public safety requirements; and training.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.