RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately seeking a full-time Service Desk Specialist for our leading independent, end-to-end IT services client for a long-term project in Norfolk, Virginia (VA).
Our client, serves nearly 6,000 private and public-sector customers across 70 countries delivering powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. One provides remote support and for computers, printers, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- High School education or equivalent (GED)
- Valid DoD 8570: A+ CE certification, Network +CE, or Security +CE
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Requires (1-3) years of related experience in information systems, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS, versions 10, 8 and 7
- Experience with HP Service Manager, Remedy, or similar Service/Help Desk ticket management software
- Experience with Remote Desktop
- Experience with Hardware/Software troubleshooting
- Experienced in basic network troubleshooting (TCP IP)
- Experienced with IT peripheral/Accessory and mobile device support (i.e., printer, scanner, MFDs and mobile device)
- Experience with IT information assurance and cyber-security
- Experience with Active Directory to include account creation/management and File Share permissions management
- Excellent customer service/customer interaction skills
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills for trouble-shooting and trouble ticket handling
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.