This is a non-safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Service Desk Manager, Director Infrastructure
Directs Reports: None
- Rapidly work and close tickets from Service Desk queue in order of priority and date
- Maintains proper documentation and status of assigned tickets
- Installs, configures, tests, and troubleshoots End User equipment, including but not limited to computers, printers, copiers, scanners, office phone equipment, smartphone equipment, and other peripherals and accessories
- Installs various applications on End User devices
- Identifies recurring problems, document resolutions, and report to management
- Images and prepares computers for End Users.
- Troubleshoots network issues prior to escalation to Infrastructure team
- Recommends documentation and procedural changes for all job related items
- Manages selected administrative IT tasks
- Account creation and deletion (AD, Exchange, SAP, BOBJ, RemedyForce)
- Active Directory maintenance and clean up
- Creates and Maintain departmental and end user documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s Degree in I.T. or 2-3 years of minimum experience as Help Desk support for 1200 end users.
- 2 years supporting Windows 7, Office 2007/2010
- Experience working with IT Service Management tools such as RemedyForce, ServiceNow, Zendesk, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to shape analytical findings into meaningful insights for department.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently with all levels of end users
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee’s ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company’s reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment