The Service Dispatcher provides administrative assistance to the Division Manager, Project Manager/Service Manager or the department. The role is to take calls from customers requiring service work, create job and task orders in the accounting system, coordinate with the Service Manager and Field Technicians, and schedule the work. Also, to assist in billing, filing, maintaining files, answering incoming and routing outgoing phone calls. Maintains files, scan documents, process incoming/outgoing faxes. Responsibilities can cover all aspects of administration including but not limited to customer interfaces, research, scheduling, dispatching as needed. This position requires support of projects, communication, documentation and works with teams to create and standardize processes to reach department goals. The Service Dispatcher coordinates the flow of information amongst teams, external organizations and leadership as well as maintaining highly effective working relationships with other departments.
- Managing multitudes phone calls, emails and messages from customers and internally.
- Initiation of jobs and tasks in Accounting and Service Management software.
- Dispatching service employees to projects accordingly.
- Customer interaction skills to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the timely/accurate execution of tasks assigned by the Division Manager and Project Managers/Service Managers.
- Ensures that administrative processes for projects are run in compliance with the organizations requirements.
- Assist in billing/filing as needed.
- Provide administrative support to facilitate the planning and coordination of activities for a project, maintain files/documents and provide any information needed by the Division Manager and Project Managers/Service Managers.
- Provide basic status reporting to the Division Manager and Project Managers/Service Managers and responds to requests for service/assistance/information to all internal/external customers.
- Prepare correspondence for signature as needed.
- Ensure proper data entry of information into Viewpoint.
- Maintain records for open jobs to ensure all required project documents exist.
Ability to work under pressure
Attention to detail
Writing clearly and concisely
Reports directly to the Division Manager
Receives training and support from Sr. Project Administrator and/or Director of Contracts.
Inside office environment, open area office, faced with constant interruptions. The noise level in the office environment is low to moderate.
Spend long hours sitting and using computers and long hours in intense concentration using vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-Time, typical hours 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday. Overtime may be required however, must be pre-approved by immediate manager and final approval by Sr. VP or CFO if business needs require OT or work on weekends.
Rare but may require occasional travel to project sites, other business office locations.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in Business Administration/high school diploma and/or equivalent industry training. Relevant work experience may substitute for the degree or training.
Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word and Power point – Advanced user
Internet – Advanced user
IPAD – Intermediate user
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.