Why Join Altec?
This position will be based in St. Joseph, MO, or Portage, MI. Bring your top-notch administrative, problem-solving, and service skill set to contribute in a customer-focused team environment.
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Be a part of a team whose goal is to minimize down time and make sure equipment is working in a timely fashion. Helpful associates offer years of experience in the truck repair and roadside assistance industry, taking pride in our ability to provide customers with superior service and reliability.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
This position may include shift work including evening and weekends.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum five years of industry-specific knowledge and / or related experience (i.e., customer service with manufactured products or product services; material support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership)
- With a Bachelor's Degree, minimum of two years of experience is required
- Ability to multi-task and analyze priorities against changing deadlines
- Hydraulic or mechanical background preferred
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications
Please send resume to email@example.com
And apply now at jobs.altec.com
- Provide estimates to customers
- Confer with Customers, Supervisors, and Technicians to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment
- Create accurate and timely Service Requests
- Function as a secondary contact for customers
- Update and maintain Altec and Customer Equipment Records and Altec and Customer Account Records
- Assist Supervisor in meeting company and customer performance objectives
- Provide feedback for administrative and parts support to include data entry for parts orders and service debriefing and invoicing
- Travel 0 - 25%
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.