Summary of Position:
This position supports the company's Sage Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software practice and responsible for assisting in the implementation and support of this system and the third-party applications that connect and support it. The ERP Administrator works with the MIS Manager to provide product solutions for specific business needs. The position will be responsible for working with teams in all departments to manage the entire process of implementing applications, decision process testing, providing a schedule, and roll out to production plan.
- Support the applications for all users and provide best practices and training
- Review and analyze user functions and activities, evaluation of available resources and current systems, and the development of appropriate programs or systems
- Perform ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identifies problems and suggest appropriate solutions
- Responsible for implementing applications, decision process testing, providing a schedule, and roll out to production plan
- Maintain users and security in the applications
- Remain informed of changes in software, hardware, and industry-standard requirements to make recommendations for future software and hardware purchases
- Review and analyze organization business needs; communicates with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop a plan of approach
- Design, develop, Research, configure and test software systems before installation to ensure compatibility with present systems
- Evaluate software limitations to improve through growth and innovation
- Be the technical liaison between all departments and the IT department to address and coordinate software usage, upgrades, and new software initiatives
- Manage project implementations from initiation to closure
- Work to ensure highly available systems for core business applications
- Collaborate with developers and vendors to secure infrastructure being developed for end-user needs and ensure achievement of all business objectives
- Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications
- Conducts or coordinates with MIS manager to accomplish user acceptance, performance stress, regression, and integration tests; managing vendors and developers to make changes and corrections where necessary
- Provide initial basic and additional supplemental training to departments regarding the utilization of installed systems as necessary
- Develop knowledge base articles in line with IT standards and publish for end-user consumption
- Write and understand technical documentation and standards for all applications
- Ensures Accountability
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Decision Quality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent on the job experience 5+ years of experience
- 5 years of experience working as a subject matter expert with Sage 100 ERP
- Sage 100 ERP experience including setting up users and roles, Custom Office and Visual Integrator
- Core accounting experience in Sage 100 ERP software
- Experience in implementing Sage 100 ERP in Distribution and/or Manufacturing business environment
- Experience writing and editing Crystal Reports
- Experience with automating business processes and third-party integrations with Sage 100 ERP
- Experience in Sage CRM is a plus
- Experience in MS SQL, T-SQL, and MS Database management is a highly preferred
- Experience in MS SSRS and PowerBI is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects successfully, while meeting deadlines
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal, customer service, decision-making, and analytical abilities
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Oracle Database Administrator