The Service/Installation Technician is a vital part of our company providing hands-on support to our customers. Service Technicians are independent team players who want to be customer-focused. Service Technicians offer solutions to our clients that extend beyond repairs and maintenance to exemplify our number one goal: delivering success smile after smile. Benco Dental offers service technicians career development and will provide a strong sense of accomplishment.
Who We Are: It’s our mission to deliver success smile after smile.
Benco Dental is the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States and has remained in the family since 1930—a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and over 1,400 associates in the 48 contiguous states.
We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor, an offering enhanced by a comprehensive suite of services, including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 400 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians who begin every task by asking “What does the customer want?”
The Role We Are Looking To Fill:
Job opportunities for Benco service technicians match a variety of skills, ranging from providing maintenance and repair services out in the field to training staff and customers on using equipment. If you do not have bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair experience, we still want you. Relevant experience includes:
- Mechanical experience/education
- Technical experience/education
- Customer service
- Military experience
- Software/hardware experience/education
Benco will support you with ongoing training to ensure that you will be an expert in your area and ready to adapt to changing technology and repair techniques.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required
- General computer proficiency, including knowledge of Windows-based programs
- Technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is preferred
- General mechanical aptitude
- Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are desired
- Routine walking, bending, kneeling, and squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting
- Must frequently lift/lower/carry/push/pull 1 to 55 pounds, occasionally lift/lower/carry/push/pull 56 to 100 pounds
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping and manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms and shoulders
- Able to work in tight spaces
- Frequent travel to customer sites (daily) and occasional use of power tools
Why join our team?
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, a paid time off plan and a generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Annual Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Vision effective Day 1
- We drive dentistry forward by leveraging innovative solutions and our caring family culture.
- #19 Best Companies to Work for in Health Care
If you enjoy working for a progressive company that is growth minded and values customers & associates we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success.