Job Req ID: 589261
Position Number: 00147682
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 7-330 Mon-Fri
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: NSG - Support
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 1000 Blythe Boulevard
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Masters prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence -based nursing practice within a specialty area and function in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, system thinker, change agent, and innovator.
- Develops a systematic education plan and evaluates overall nursing staff development programs in response to patient and healthcare trends, regulatory requirements, and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Synthesizes literature and research findings to design interventions for selected problems or populations and promotes staffs knowledge and skill in research and evidence based process and the application of these findings in practice.
- Supervises staff in unit educator role and participates in their annual performance review.
- Provides educational consultation and services across the continuum in area of specialty.
- Assesses as learning styles and creates educational programs and materials based on assessment of population to be educated.
- Conducts annual education needs assessment utilizing multiple data sources. Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding priorities.
- Coaches and mentors unit educators and staff in the development of education skills (curriculum development, adult learning principles, evaluation etc.)
- Develops educational effectiveness measures for all programs and outcome measures for selected programs.
- Participates in selection of preceptors. Coaches preceptors on skill development and provide continuing education. Provides ongoing feedback and gives input into annual performance evaluation.
- Utilizes multiple education modalities and leverages use of technology in order to provide the most cost effective and efficient programs
- Provides cost analysis for all education and manages related resource utilization.
- Participates in facility wide program development
Frequent moderate lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying. Frequent walking, standing, stooping and reaching. Must be able to travel throughout hospital campuses and offsite properties. General hospital office environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Environment is climate controlled. Subject to long and irregular hours.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the N.C. Board of Nursing. Masters in Nursing, Nursing Education or Health Care Administration required. Two years of teaching experience preferred. Must show evidence of job-specific competencies. Minimum three years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a practice area. Knowledge of adult learning principles, curriculum and program development, program evaluation, self-learning modules. Proficient at Microsoft Office programs and use of AV equipment. Certification in practice area preferred and must be achieved within two years of hire date. Life Support Instructor Certification may be required based on the needs of the patient population served.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer