Manages the day-to-day service operations at the local level (service support team and technicians will report directly to this individual). Will be required to assemble and lead a high-performing, customer-focused team. Insures that his/her people work as a team to provide a hassle-free experience for our customers. Effectively drives change within his/her organization to insure one consistent way of doing business with other Equipment Depot locations. Achieves business objectives (as measured by Key Performance Indicators) by improving the skills and professionalism within our service operation. Improving the efficiency of his/her service organization will be a key responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates and promotes the Equipment Depot vision and mission within their team.
- Is a positive role model. Inspires and motivates others to perform at a higher level. Treats others with respect.
- Ensures that his/her team performs with a positive attitude and a great sense of urgency in order to exceed customer expectations. Will earn the trust and respect of people both within and outside his/her organization.
- Insures that service KPI’s (relating to efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction) are consistently met.
- Will be required to handle disciplinary issues involving personnel if/when they occur.
- Works with his/her Operations Manager to develop and implement short- and long-term strategic plans, objectives and goals for each location under his/her responsibility, along with a plan of action about how to achieve them.
- Handles customer requests, concerns, and complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Completes performance reviews as/when required for everyone within his/her organization.
· Works with his/her Operations Manager to identify trends within the organization or business environment and develop plans to address.
· Wage administration for direct reports.
- Provides feedback/recognition for reports in job functions.
· Assists in the recruiting and development of his/her service organization including training assessments of service support team .
· Assists in the implementation and use of the Service Automation system.
· Present and maintain professional image/manner in performing role.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication, leadership and team-building skills.
- Proven problem solving ability. Adept at conflict resolution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive deadlines.
- Basic technical knowledge of industrial equipment. (IC vs. Electric, etc)
- Preferably has prior experience in leading a service team.
- Has the ability (or can learn) to interpret and understand financial statements and budgeting/forecasting.
- Can develop, manage, motivate, and lead a diverse work force.
- Ability to manage individuals at off-site locations, while coordinating their roles and activities to meet customer needs and be in line with the centralized effort.
- Ability to communicate across all functional groups and geographic locations (“One Equipment Depot” mindset).
Education and Qualifications
Education: minimum high school diploma, preferred college education or equivalent working experience in aftermarket service environment
Experience: prefer at least 2 years proven hands-on management experience.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computer operation and ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
Other Requirements: Strong organizational, communication, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to facilitate change. Training experience