Under remote supervision, lead the installations, modifications and repairs of plumbing, piping, heating and cooling, process, and gas systems in compliance with appropriate codes and to the satisfaction of general contractors/clients.
MI Journeyman / Master Plumber license is preferred, but not required
Valid Michigan driver's license
Advanced knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques
Knowledge of plumbing codes
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material Ability to perform mathematical calculations
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Install and/or repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Select and procure material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.