We are looking for a Service Sales Engineer to join our Reno, NV office!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
The Service Department typically handles projects that require a quick turnaround. This position is responsible for conceptual design, estimates, and project management on a variety of HVAC systems. The individual in this role is responsible for maintaining a �customer first� attitude while coordinating and scheduling the work internally. Initially, this person is given sales leads for some established customers. The Service Sales Engineer is also expected to develop new clients to attain sales goals.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Identify, sell and negotiate maintenance and repair services for commercial and industrial facilities HVAC systems
- Prepare and present effective sales proposals to new and existing customers that will develop profitable results
- Develop new client relationships through prospecting activities
- Document and follow up leads and referrals
- Project Management of all phases of a project
- Public relations: resolve complaints, problems, provide information and advice
- Form in-depth partnerships with our customers and anticipate their needs
- Meet and exceed sales quotas and profit margins
- Act in �decision maker� role with clients
- Confer with staff and customers on all phases of projects
- Review contracts to evaluate compliance
- Interface with in-house Engineers and to review engineered drawings
- Help direct field personnel or other staff on projects
- Keep management abreast of market conditions and trends affecting the industry
- Attend department meetings
- Submit reports (expense reports, sales reports, working agreements) in a timely manner
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM?
The Candidate must possess the following abilities and skills:
- Practical understanding of mechanical systems and customer service
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A desire to provide service for our customers
- Ability to handle a number of projects at the same time
- Successful history of sales experience and prospecting for new customers
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, field staff, management, and office personnel
- Possess strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere
- Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities
- Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines
- Must poses valid driver�s license and auto liability insurance
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of job site inspection/ �walk through�).
- Climb both fixed and extension ladders
- Drive a motor vehicle
- Possess a range of motion sufficient to look into the interior of air conditioning equipment
- Regular and routine attendance is required
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
- INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
- Company Culture of Excellence � Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development
- United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
- Competitive benefits package and 401k
link below and submit your resume. Once you�ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences START YOUR APPLICATIONDo you have what it takes? Click the matches our needs, you�ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.