Runners for the Alamo Drafthouse are a key element to the Guest experience and are responsible for ensuring our Guests receive an exceptional dining experience by getting all ordered items to them in a timely manner. Runners are the final eyes of the kitchen/bar are responsible for inspecting all food and drink prior to leaving the kitchen/bar to be received by our Guests. This position supports the service staff in any manner to provide the guest with an awesome experience, including maintaining clean theaters during and between performances. All service staff is expected to practice responsible alcohol service in accordance with state/local laws and Springboard Ventures, LLC alcohol policy.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that ALL GUESTS have an AWESOME EXPERIENCE, and are EXCITED to come back.
- Possess proficient knowledge of the menu in order to explain our offerings to the Guests, inform them of current food promotions and specials, and answer any questions.
- Serves food and beverages to Guests in a timely manner, which includes retrieving food orders from the kitchen and transporting them to the Guests in the servers’ section, as well as for any other section in the restaurant.
- Ability to assess guest demeanor and identify when behavior should be called to the attention of a Manager.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for identifying age, preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated Guests, as needed.
- Maintains theater appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing adequate napkins, etc.
- Completes pre-shift prep work and maintains appropriate volumes of prepared items.
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station appropriately.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Consistently monitor the presentation quality on every screen in your venue and report any issues immediately.
- Local Health Cards (as required) and valid Missouri ATC / SMART Certification are required
- Must be positive, fun, coachable and open minded
- Excellence staff and guest relation skills
- Able to stand/walk for 100% of shift
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe frequently
- Able to deliver plates, food/drinks and clear tables which may require lifting as much as 50lbs
- Able to read and write English
- Able to verbalize and clearly respond to guests
- Able to read and write handwritten notes
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is typically performed in the venue. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work involves a majority of standing, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.
HAZARDS: Only those present in a normal restaurant/theater setting; no known significant hazards. Work performed in the venue has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.