Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This job may include any aspect of field/customer support, and is not limited to system hardware and software. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems. Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures. Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime. Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and serviceability issues.
- A.S. Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent with 1 -2 of related experience
- Ability to reason through problems/issues and resolve them to the customer’s satisfaction using information and tools available
- Must be flexible and willing to perform all required duties across any product repair cell
- Maintain a professional and pleasant manner when dealing with the customer and be able to understand the customer’s expectations
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing at all levels (technical as well as non-technical)
- Proficient in the use of standard test equipment
- Ability to read and understand schematics, assembly drawings, and test/calibration procedures
- Record test data, diagnose failures and analyze this information so that root cause analysis can be accomplished and corrective actions can be implemented.
- Experience with PC based applications to include Microsoft Office package and email
- Oracle experience a plus
- 6S and lean manufacturing experience helpful
- Experience with pressure and vacuum metrology desirable
Principals only please.