At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Service Technician 3, you have your EPA certification and 3-5 years of experience in facilities services or multi-family resident satisfaction thru giving best in class service and performing basic maintenance of your community.
- Mentor and lead Service Technician 1’s and 2’s
- Assume the responsibilities of the Service Manager in their absence
- Interact with the residents to identify, diagnose, repair, and resolve issues related electrical, plumbing, A/C and heating systems, appliances, stairs, railings, gas fixtures, carpet, tiles, flooring, etc
- Correct any unsafe conditions like open holes, broken glasses or gates, broken lights, etc., and immediately assign the work to the ready staff to ensure completion of work on time
- Ensure asset preservation by checking that security systems like automatic doors and surveillance cameras are functioning well
- Schedule preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and ensure that they are in good working condition
- Manage inventory of supplies and spare parts for that work orders are completed as requested
- Work on-call shifts/schedules to assist with both resident and property emergencies
In return for your hard work - Cortland offers all of our Service Technicians:
- First in the industry customized “rolling classroom” 18 wheeler Mobile Training Unit (MTU) that deploys to your city for hands on training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire safety panels & pool equipment
- Competitive pay including monthly commission and quarterly bonus, full benefits, and a 4 day work week in specific communities
- Personalized training through in-house CPO, EPA & CPR certified proctors to earn your certifications and online training at your pace
- Individual growth plan to help you achieve your professional goals through training, mentorship and leadership support
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988. Cortland is a drug-free workplace. Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.