For over 70 years, Alpro Service has been providing quality parts and repairs for commercial foodservice and kitchen equipment in the New York tri-state area, including NYC. Since 1948, they have represented the majority of manufacturers for both parts and warranty service, backed by their certified technicians.
Join Smart Care Equipment Solutions's affiliate Alpro Service Company team as a Commercial Cooking Equipment Service Technician (hot side equipment). As a Service Technician, you will become a trusted advisor to your customers by consistently delivering innovative solutions to predict and prevent kitchen equipment failure, contributing to the success of thousands of restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other commercial customers.
What’s in it For You:
- On-the-job training as well as ongoing training with the potential for advanced certifications
- Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, tablet and cell phone for business use
- Comprehensive benefits program including 401K, short and long-term disability, and paid time off
- Independent work environment
- Take charge of your career through growth opportunities including advanced technician and management positions
What You Will Do:
- Partner with restaurant and hospitality managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking and other specialty food service equipment
- Demonstrate your mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and ability to read diagrams and schematics
Work Location: NYC Metro
- Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid, or freezing conditions
- Ability to work on ladders, roofs, and in rare cases, high, precarious places
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical experience with appliance repair, commercial cooking equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
- Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned
- Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA, HVAC, Electrical)
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
Smart Care Equipment Solutions, a growing organization of commercial kitchen equipment service companies, has been delivering exceptional service to business customers for over a century. As a national leader in commercial kitchen equipment care, we generate more than 250,000 work orders per year. Now, with the recent acquisitions of REMCO, Alpro, Mid-South Maintenance, and Turbo Technicians we have technicians ready to serve you in more than 35 service markets across the nation. Alpro joined the Smart Care family in 2018.