Installation Service Technician
GBS Mauldin is a division of US LBM, a leading distributor of specialty building materials in the United States. We are seeking an experienced Service Technician at our Greenville, SC Mauldin location. A Service Technician has a high level of expertise and ability in the installation of doors and windows, mechanical items and other technically oriented repairs or adjustments.
Things you should know about working at GBS:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on, and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- Install building materials with the direction and support of Field Supervisor
- Work with other service techs to install building material products such as insulation, roofing, siding, doors, windows, sheds and decks
- Follow manufacturer directions and warranty requirements when installing products
- Track time and materials as required for each installation project
- Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Assist with training entry level technicians on proper installation techniques and methods
- Provide quality customer service
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Previous experience in installing building material and products
- Read and utilize a measuring tape, Utilize other required tools for complete installation
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to provide detailed instructions
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending or stooping, lifting 25 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on a random basis
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs