The position involves the setting and testing of capital equipment for the Lead Acid Battery Industry prior to despatch, commissioning in our customer’s overseas factories and the training of operator and maintenance personnel in the use of our equipment.
- Setting and Testing of TBS Engineering’s full range of Battery Assembly equipment
- Final testing and assembly of machinery in preparation of inspection and despatch.
- Installation and Commissioning of TBS equipment
- Training of customer’s staff at various levels at both TBS and customer’s overseas premises
- Report writing and recommendations following all visits
- Liaise with Sales, Production and Design
- Extensive Worldwide travel including weekend work & travel where required.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above, but include any other task within area of capability.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Mechanically based skill with a proven track record of mechanical assembly and fault diagnosis.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as micrometre and Vernier callipers with an attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Able to read and interpret pneumatic drawings and circuits. Fault find pneumatic circuits to component level.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits.
- Basic understanding of PLC Machine control
- Able to write concise informative reports and offer solutions to problems
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.