APC is seeking a Service Technician to work directly for our client in the Salisbury, NC area.
- Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
- Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer's entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
- Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
- Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
- Train and assist other Service Technicians
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
- Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- A main responsibility of this role is to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment.
- Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, they are responsible to test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
- Should display the ability to absorb a higher level of learning, through continuous on the job and classroom training which includes Variable Speed Drives, refrigeration, industrial networks, remote monitoring, and air audits.
- Provide high standards of exceptional service to clients and internal support.
- Responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations within a timely manner.
- Guarantee returned business by developing rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required with technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred.
- Minimal of 2 years of strong mechanical and electrical experience with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Experience in HVAC is a plus, compressor experience strongly desired.
- Valid Driver's License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read and write in English.