The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
This position is responsible for preventive maintenance testing and servicing, product installation, accurate customer billing and excellent customer support.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support call management, onsite customer meetings, timely solutions to customer systems, and follow up customer satisfaction checks
- Continuous updates and communications with clients and support managers on support ticket progress and resolution status
- Accurate record keeping insuring accurate customer invoicing
- Requires on call response to client support requests on a rotation basis with other ACME technicians
- Plan and schedule support and subcontracting activities on support and assigned installed jobs
- Determine appropriate corrective action to meet customer need
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and supports and controls timely delivery to job site
- Monitor the performance of subcontractors and keep supervisor informed of progress
- Maintain all records of job status, material flow and other control records
- Complete and processes Field Support Reports
- Assist in estimating projects and support contracts
- Responsible for the adequate and accurate time posting of all hours worked
- Work to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Present a professional image of ACME when speaking to customers
- Develop relationships with the customer’s decision makers
- Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of ACME products
- Responsible for customer satisfaction on support requests
- Remain up to date with company policies, procedures and products
- Remain up to date on industry standards and technological developments
- Study literature and attend seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the Core Competencies as outlined in your onboarding plan, that are foundational expectations for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires the ability to work without direct supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent
- Associates degree in a technical capacity is desirable
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the servicing of electronic security systems
- Strong knowledge of security concepts, products and support and an understanding of job related financial reports, cost containment and other management tools
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, inventory software, MS Excel, design software and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- WA Technicians-Low Voltage Journeyman 06
- OR Technicians- Limited Energy Class A (LE-A)
- Portland Technicians additional-Low Voltage Journeyman 06 for WA
- CPR / First Aid Certification
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee is regularly required to lift and carry ladders (6’, 8’ & 12’), climb ladders, as well as work with arms and hands overhead. Employee regularly carries equipment, parts and pieces to the top of the ladders and works on and off overhead from four to six hours at a time.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com