Job Title: Service and Warranty Technician
Department: Service and Warranty
Reports To: Service and Warranty Manager
Evaluation, warranty determination and repair of ACTIA products returned by our customers. Basic data entry skills to log the evaluation and repair information into ACTIA’s warranty database. The ability to identify, report and help correct non-conforming product trends.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Accurately evaluate, troubleshoot, and repair defective product within a timely manner.
- Accurately enter all necessary information into the warranty database in a timely manner.
- Issue Return Goods Authorization numbers to customers for product return evaluation.
- Identify defect trends and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Build or request all necessary testing fixtures, equipment and tools needed for the service and warranty department.
- Occasionally provide technical support to ACTIA’s tier 1 customers. Help determine if ACTIA products are the reason for failures within the customer’s application.
- Occasional travel to customer locations for repairs.
- Assist in managing the service and warranty department inventory.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of training, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 year technical degree or 2 plus years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairing electronic product is required. Training or experience in reading and understanding schematic diagrams and assembly prints for proper evaluation, repair and assembly of electronic product is required. Training or experience in board level repairs is required. Training and\or good working knowledge in Microsoft Office suite is required.
2809 Bridger Court
Phone: (574) 264 2373(574) 264 2373
Fax: (574) 266-2724