Exide Technologies in Lancaster, PA is searching for a Set-up Mechanic to join our team.
You willl troubleshoot and perform repairs and process adjustments on injection molding machines and provide support for repairs / troubleshooting on assembly equipment.
Pay rate is $20.95 per hour plus shift differential
Positions are 3rd shift positions with potential to move to other shifts in the future.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
- Perform mold changes, start ups and changes to the molding processes
- Troubleshoot robots and other miscellaneous assembly equipment
- Tag areas of the machines and molds that require repairs
- Ensure work is performed in a neat and professional manner.
- Provide day-to-day communication with superintendent and/or mechanics supervisor.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Participate in daily OPM activities as required
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must be able to apply common sense to a situation at all times.
- Must have a good work ethic.
- Willingness to work as a team.
- Able to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of basic injection molding practices.
- Working knowledge of fundamental electrical principles
- Ability to safely operate fork lifts and hoists
- Defined in associated job analysis
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.