At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
The Tool Room Technician will perform mechanical tasks on blow molds and components. Including but not limited to: dis-assembly/assembly, mold cleaning, mold component measurement, as needed changeovers, and performing preventative maintenance on the tool base.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Dis-assembly of tools and molds in a safe and effective manner.
- Cleaning of mold components.
- Crane operation for moving and preparing tools and heated plaltens.
- Inspection of blow molding components.
- Measurement of critical dimensions to .0001”
- Exhibit excellent safety awareness and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Team player capable of effectively communicating in technical terms.
- Exhibit excellent attendance and ethics.
- The individual must be able to work with hand and power tools.
- Relocate component inventory.
- General cleaning of department / work area.
- Participate in the recovery of lost cavitation in production.
- Delivery of injection molds to various locations throughout the production facilities.
- Assisting others when needed.
- Troubleshoot machines when needed.
- Follow scrap and production efficiency guidelines.
- Communicate tool changes to the Mold Room Team via changeover log.
- To ensure tools are stored in an organized and safe manner.
- To be knowledgeable about company’s policies and procedures and ensure compliance as appropriate.
- High School diploma or equivalent with special training in the tolling area
- Must have 5 years and a thorough knowledge of machining tools with special emphasis tooling large parts
- Manufacturing knowledge and machine shop equipment, preferably in the molding industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Basic math skills. Familiar with various precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, depth and height gages.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org
Machine Set Up Technician