Are you interested in being part of a rapidly growing company with great pay and benefits? Would you like the chance to learn new things and have the opportunity to move up as you gain experience? Metro Mold & Design is growing and we’re looking for talented people like you to join us. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a clean and friendly work environment where your work directly impacts the success of our team. We are located just off of US Highway 94 in Rogers.
The Setup Technician is responsible for setup of thermoplastic injection molding machines and auxiliary manufacturing equipment. It is the Setup Technician’s role to ensure we fulfill high-volume molding with maximum efficiency while not compromising quality.
- Perform daily startups, shut downs, pulls and end of run, line clearance of machines, related equipment and materials.
- Setup of the molding machine including tooling and programming.
- Setup auxiliary equipment including pickers, grinders, dryers, mills, etc.
- Create and maintain process documentation.
- Direct workflow of operator I and operator IIs.
- Troubleshoot and correct production issues.
- Provide process input and recommendations during new product launches.
- Participate in production leadership meetings.
- Maintain a safety mindset throughout the entire production process.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Train department personnel in manufacturing procedures.
- Back up for Material Handler.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in molding production and equipment setup.
- Knowledge of materials and resins.
- Experience with inspection equipment such as micrometer, calipers, microscope, CMM, OGP, vision systems, etc.
- PC skills and ability to use SPC and ERP systems.
- Plastics technology degree or equivalent work experience.
Thursday (12:00pm - 6:00pm) & Friday - Sunday (6:00am - 6:00pm).
*To be considered please apply or email resume to email@example.comSee job description