Do you want to be a part of an exciting, growing, international company with a long history of success? We are one of the largest home textile distributors and our customers include the top US retailers. Come and be part of our dynamic team where you can demonstrate your proven abilities to contribute to bottom line profitability.
Operating industrial sewing machines and Juki Sergers.
- Start and operate industrial sewing machine(s), such as double needle surging and flat-bed filling machine, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Draw thread through guides, tensions and needles, and adjust sewing machine functions according to material type
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, and draw thread through guides, tensions and needles, and adjust sewing machine functions according to material type
- Position item under needle, using marks on machine, clamp or template, edges of material, or markings on material as guides
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of the sewing machine, according to product style and observation of operation
- Observe sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notifies supervisor/manager immediately.
- Guide pillow or shell parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together
- Sew tags, zippers, or other customer requested material onto pillow
- Cut material and threads, using scissors
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in work area
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and best practices
- Other projects/job duties as assigned by Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS OR EDUCATION
- 3+ years sewing experience. Industrial Sewing Certification is a Plus
- Experience at cutting and tailoring and working with industrial sewing machines and double over locking/double needle sewing. Familiarity with Juki Serger machines or similar is a plus
- Ability to perform sewing functions using needles, scissors, using rulers / tape measures, and other items necessary
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain speed and accuracy
- Good hand-eye coordination and be able to cope with moderate physical effort (stand for long periods of time.)
- Quick learner, willing to learn new skills and follow directions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment, multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, productivity standards, and complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to work well independently, as well as a team member
- Good communication skills
- Willing and able to work overtime and/or occasional weekends as needed
- MUST have reliable transportation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment practices are implemented without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local fair employment law practices.