At CRJ we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion.
The Job Coach is responsible for providing support services to individuals residing in a shared living residence.
- Implement activities of Daily Living, Individual Service Plan Objectives and SkillsDevelopment Plans.
- Involve individuals in social/recreational activities including:
- Socialization and community integration
- Development of meaningful interpersonal skills
- Development of habilitation skills
- Placement transitioning
- Transportation and access of public transportation
- Role Modeling
- Leisure and recreation
- Developing pre-vocational skills
- Job search-support
- Development of cooking (if applicable), budgeting and shopping skills
- Involve individuals in Functional Skill Development
- Development of communication skills
- Personal hygiene and cleanliness of living area
- Provides job coaching, career development and pre-vocational support services including teaching and training specific to each individual’s needs.
- Promotes a high quality of living in all areas including medication administration (if applicable), meal preparation, housekeeping, personal hygiene and leisure/recreation.
- Provides transportation of individuals to job site, volunteer activities, scheduled appointments (if applicable), or social activities.
- Complete weekly schedule based on the supported individual, Record weekly progress notes based on the weekly schedule, note any behaviors for the individual supported.
- Tracks ISP data and progress on all indentified areas of need.
- Ensures the safety of the individuals and general public (refer to skills plan regarding community/supervision of the supported individual).
- Models appropriate behavior for the supported individual
- Provides Shared Living Provider with 30 hour per week coverage and supervision of the individual
- Assist supported individual with obtaining a volunteer/job
- Assist support individual with school/educational goal(s) (if applicable)
- Assists the supported individual with their job/volunteer responsibilities/duties and provides proper supervision during this time.
- Ensures duties and responsibilities are carried out in a supportive and professional manner.
- First Aid,CPR, PAC, Participation in Medication Administration (if applicable); Fire Safety, Human Rights, Skills Development Plan specific to the individual(s); OSHA, HIPPA and Sexual Harassment
- Have background in Human Services with strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Have previous experience in supervising/supporting individuals
- Individual is required to meet safe driver guidelines as established by employer’s insurance carrier
- Position requires criminal history background check
- High School Diploma or GED
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.