You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
As the Shared Services Accountant, your responsibilities include the monthly closing of assigned plants within Sonoco. This includes the reviewing of operating statements, reconciliation of sales and inventory accounts and the calculation and booking of various consumption and inventory valuation journals. Requires understanding of GAAP principles and their application within the Sonoco environment.
- Prepare and enter journals for operating expenses, statistical entries and accruals.
- Review monthly operating statements and balance sheets for reasonableness, ensuring that financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts across Shared Services team.
- Maintain effective communication with Shared Services team, division, and plant personnel.
- Maintain a high quality and professional level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Stay up-to-date with accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Maintain proficiency in PC and system skills. (Ex. Excel, Word, Oracle, Live Office, HFM/Smartview, and division business systems such as Oracle ERP, Optivsion etc.)
- Participate in plant audits, identifying areas of weakness and non-compliance.
- Promote strong internal controls and monitor effectiveness.
- Prepare property tax returns and governmental and industry reports as assigned.
- Prepare balance sheet reviews as assigned.
- Prepare bank reconciliations as assigned.
- Prepare and input payroll and HR data into payroll system.
- Detect and correct errors requiring Sonoco and operational accounting knowledge during the closing process.
- Prepare department and/or plant fixed cost budgets as assigned.
- Calculate and make adjustment recommendations for corporate reserves.
- Initiate and lead projects that add value to the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is located at our global HQ in Hartsville, SC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (strongly preferred), Finance or Business Administration – MBA/Macc preferred
- CPA or CMA a plus
- Previous work experience in accounting (professional or internship) required
This posting is for a progression position and could be a level I, II or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.