| Requisition Number || 18-0104 |
| Post Date || 10/3/2018 |
| Title || Sharepoint Developer |
| Part Time || No |
| City || Hercules |
| State || CA |
| Description || |
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Senior Application Developerto support our growing organization. You will develop new and/or modify existing information technology applications that facilitate and enable business initiatives, growth requirements and efficiency goals. You will utilize a combination of business analysis, consulting and application development skills. You will gather and analyze user requirements and specifications; designing, programming, and implementing solutions for information management, systems integration, data processing, workflow, and knowledge management. You will configure and maintain application systems used by clients and internal operations staff and management. You will define and discern key aspects of application design and are able to communicate a clear vision of how a given technology/application, can be optimally applied to the business initiatives of the Bank. You may lead projects and provide guidance to more junior staff. Typically receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
NOTE: This position can sit in Hercules, CA or Irvine, CA
- Designs, codes, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for business functional areas. Formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures and data analysis through the application of professional programming concepts. Codes, tests and delivers application enhancements and project build deliverables.
- Determines how existing complex applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components.
- Serves as an expert in a number of assigned customer facing or high visibility applications, acting as a resource to others internally including gathering and analysis of user requirements and specifications
- Consults with internal clients to develop an accurate and complete understanding of their business needs and problems. Able to translate business requirements into development activities.
- Complies with established information security and risk management policies and procedures specifically related to application development, change management and the software development life cycle.
- Writes clear, maintainable, well-documented, portable code; creates documentation of the design and proper use of deployed solutions.
- Develops and consistently apply key criteria for data integrity (e.g., availability, utility, confidentiality, reliability, etc.)
- Develops test plans for applications or projects. Coordinates performance and integration testing. Reviews results of testing. Develops fixes for bugs discovered.
- Performs maintenance and production support on existing Applications. Serves as a resource to junior application developers, transferring knowledge on process and best practices for supporting and maintaining existing applications.
- Participates in peer review for solutions under development
- Provides mentorship to less experienced developers
| Requirements || |
- In depth knowledge of database methodology and database systems
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret technical information and to interact with systems technicians/engineers, as well as interact effectively with non-technical employees at all levels
- Skilled in applicable programming languages for the areas he or she is developing code for. These may include but are not limited to ASP.NET MVC, C#, Visual Basic, HTML5, CSS. Understands the strengths and weaknesses associated with each.
- Solid understanding of Modern Web Frameworks; have built sites using one or more of: Express, Rails, Angular, ASP.NET MVC, Orchard CMS, or AppEngine
- Solid understanding of data service integration formats such as JSON and XML
- Proficiency in developing data interfaces with SQL Server databases
- Proficiency in developing cross-browser, cross-platform websites and applications.
- Proficiency in developing middle tier API’s interfacing with mobile (iOS) applications.
- Excellent analysis, project planning and estimating skills. Ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks
- Work effectively within a team environment to implement projects on time and with high quality
- Self-motivated; works equally well in a team or independently
- Maintains technical expertise by learning about emerging tools and technologies; evaluates new technology for use within the department
- Clearly communicate status and open issues to team and manager
- Strong communication skills, especially in representing their expertise to a wide range of non-technical people. Able to forge relationships with business units throughout the Bank, and interact with vendors and other third party clients wherever applicable
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, LiveCycle Designer, etc.)
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form
- Understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures relating to work assignments
- In depth knowledge of banking policies, procedures and general methods of operations
- Experience with reporting tools such as IBM/Cognos, SSRS, MicroStrategy
- Project management experience
- Stays abreast of industry trends and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in application design and programming, preferably within a financial institution
NOTE: No agencies please. No relocation assistance provided.
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
| || Apply On-line |
| || |