NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE), an NTT DATA Services Company, drives global advancements in health through technological innovation in digital services, application development, clinical/bioinformatics, advanced data analytics, cloud, and cybersecurity. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented SharePoint System Administrator to join our dynamic team at Bethesda, MD. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical, health and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Provides SharePoint farm and infrastructure administration services.
- Daily monitoring of all SharePoint technical activities; primary support of the SharePoint service with a thorough knowledge of appropriate utilities/tool, user roles and application permissions; and support of Microsoft web services on Windows servers.
- Provides SharePoint support in a production 24x7 environment, with rotating on-call duties. This includes work on nights and weekends to provide operations support, security patching, and accommodate customer needs for off-hours maintenance completion.
- Checks on the proper execution of all tasks daily.
- Develops, changes, modifies, and implements SharePoint processes after approvals
- Assists customer application teams in solving intermittent recurring problems.
- Tracks and ensures the expeditious solution of all problems with all migration activities.
- Answers questions related to tasks, roles, site virtualization in a SharePoint environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues that affect the ability of the SharePoint performing at full functionality.
- Maintains, tunes, and patches systems for optimum performance and security and with no or minimal downtime.
- Troubleshoots problems and take corrective action to fix problem.
- Monitors system performance and take corrective action to optimize usage of system resources.
- Provides support for farm, server, database, site, and file level backup and restores.
- Installs and configures the SharePoint application in Windows environment.
- Upgrades SharePoint as required.
- Provides solutions architecture advice for Enterprise SharePoint supports.
- Analyzes and defines the organization’s information architecture.
- Understands and designs taxonomies for customer organizations.
- Designs and documents the appropriate SharePoint solution based on information architecture, taxonomy analysis and the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensures changes are planned and implemented in a sound, low risk manner, without creating system outages.
- Implements security structures provided by the security infrastructure group to prevent unauthorized access and maintain system security.
- Experience with SharePoint upgrade process and technique to latest version of SharePoint as well as to SPO/O365.
- Experience with architecture and support of SharePoint Online and Office 365
- Experience with working with F5 load balancer device
- Experience with Bamboo Solutions including individual web parts and PMC components
- Experience with SharePoint service architecture and setting up, configuring, and supporting all SharePoint service applications such as Search, UPA, Metadata, Secure Store, BCS in a cross-farm configuration.
- Experience in install, configure, and support SQL Reporting Services
- Experience in install, configure, and support Office Web Apps/Office Online Server
- Experience in install, configure, and support Workflow Manager
- Experience with SharePoint OOTB workflow as well as third party workflow tool such as Nintex
- Experience in integration with ADFS Federation services and External IDPs
- Troubleshoots and corrects issues and concerns to affect the functionality of the web sites.
- Assigns windows authentication permissions to provide access and functionality of web sites with different levels of access allowed.
- Submit Domain Name Services requests to allow for the addition, modification and deletion of host names, and A records.
- Develops and maintains detailed and accurate documentation as requested by the Service Manager, team lead and/or CTR. Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting aids, and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities.
- Ensures all changes are logged through the use of listserv archive lists, and division, branch, and team change management procedures.
- At least three years of experience working in a Windows server environment
- In depth knowledge and experience in Windows Servers 2012, 2008 configurations and administration.
- At least three years of experience with the SharePoint application, with formal training; experience with SharePoint implementation.
- Microsoft SharePoint Certifications a plus.
- Microsoft Office desktop application integration with SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET is a plus.
- Excellent problem management and troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose and resolve SharePoint and web service related problems
- Experience and expertise in VMware ESX virtual servers on Cisco/HP Blade hardware is desirable.
- Great customer service and interfacing with cross functional teams required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.