To help support and execute rolling mill related activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. To safely produce quality steel, which is straightened and cut to customer specifications. Jobs tasks may include but are not limited to: cooling bed, straightener, cold shear, while maximizing throughput without sacrificing safety or quality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Control cooling bed spacing. Maintain proper Straightening temperatures.
• Heat separations to P3 & QMOS updates
• All MMI for straightener set up
• Table and straightener speeds
• Layer forming into straightener
• Set up of cold shear
• Bar straightness & length. Gauge calibration
• Straightener nest changes
• All guiding changes into straightener, cold shear, abrasive saw, abrasive saw wheel changes
• Assist in assembly of straightener on product changes
• If any problem occurs with bar entry into straightener, cold shear or saw one operator will work through problem manually. If tail sweep at cold shear fails operator removes manually.
• Any bars placed on apron at straightener cut up and removed by one operator.
• Participate in Safety, Quality and Productivity meetings as required.
• Expected to be an active participant in Safety Meetings, Crew Meetings and Housekeeping activities
• Must be able to work in a team environment
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Basic computer skills
• Work on a rotating shift which may include weekends and holidays
• Some overtime will be required
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent span work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
• Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
• Ability to work in extreme heat
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.