Perform journeyman level construction, installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products and equipment in accordance with blueprints, drawings and work orders; provide technical guidance and direction to helpers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Install, alter and repair sheet metal products and equipment - ducts and hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings and work orders.
- Plan and coordinate tasks and amount of material required for performance of work.
- Prepare and implement equipment based on need. Including, but not limited to power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears, pan and box brakes, lock-formers, cleat benders, and rollers to cut, punch, thread and form sheet metal.
- Coordinate and Assemble ducts, hoods and other sheet metal products. Tasks include, but are not limited to solder and bolt connections; apply insulation as required; inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications.
- Quality Assurance - operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and any necessary corrective action that may need to be taken.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced workers.
- Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in sheet metal installation and fabrication preferred.
- Experience should be related specifically to assembling hoods and sheet metal air-conditioning and heating units.
- Proven working knowledge and experience in ability to read and interpreter blue prints accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in commercial and construction settings.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.