Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic Foreman is responsible for the day-to-day operations on assigned mechanical sheet metal tasks. Provides guidance and direction to a HVAC sheet metal crew consisting of journeymen, mechanics, and apprentices/helpers that are working under him/her. Ensures job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained at every project stage. Consults with supervisory, engineering personnel, inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods. Attends, as needed, all job site and office meetings related to assigned tasks, and performs other job related duties as assigned. Must have strong relationship building skills with staff, clients, customers, and vendors to cultivate a positive work environment.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- 5 years commercial experience in HVAC Sheet Metal operations or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience.
- One year experience as a HVAC Sheet Metal foreman preferred.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers and the public.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of all HVAC sheet metal systems installation.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB HAYNES Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer