The Shift Manager runs shifts, leads team members, and supports the restaurant management team. The shift manager shares accountability with the restaurant management team for all restaurant operations focusing on satisfying guests, developing team members, and growing sales and profits.
The successful Shift Manager is able to:
- Address and resolve guest inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for positive engagement with guests.
- Ensure staffing levels meet guest service requirements.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable environment for our guests and team members. Ensure the restaurant is clean and equipment is in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure that ingredients and menu items are properly sorted, handled, prepared, and presented with great care and concern for food safety.
- Forecast sales, create schedules, order and track inventory, and complete weekly and business period reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) months experience as team member.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this role, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; talk and hear to communicate with employees; and taste/smell. The employee is frequently required to handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this role include peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally exposed to cooking fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.