Job Title: Shift Manager
Reports To: Restaurant General Manager
Position Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Shift Manager has the shared responsibility of directing the daily operations of a restaurant that relate to Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Profitability of the restaurant to which they are assigned. This includes meeting or exceeding the standards set forth by KBP Bells, as well as food and brand standards established for franchisees by the brands. Shift Managers are responsible for delivering the highest quality products and services to our guests each and every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Restaurant General Manager and/or Co-Manager with growing sales by ensuring great operations.
- Understands and demonstrates how cash, inventory and employee time is managed. Appropriately clocks in and out for each shift. Ensures Team Members clock themselves in and out for every shift and approves time daily.
- Ensures correct daily deposits are delivered to the bank prior to store opening every day.
- Responsible for ensuring product availability through the use of projection tools and leads the shift to achieve fast, friendly service with great product quality in a clean surrounding.
- Responsible for restaurant operations during assigned shifts, including opening & closing restaurant.
- Completes checklists and procedures for cash reporting, inventory control, food safety and shift plan responsibilities.
- Helps ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates through their actions the necessary processes on achieving passing Brand Standards and Food Safety audits.
- Shares responsibility with the Restaurant General Manager and/or Co-Manager for coaching and training team members for operational excellence, utilizing the KBP Bells training programs; supports national training initiatives, monitors training.
- Delegates in a way that encourages team to work together during the shift to ensure the restaurant operates to company standards.
- Demonstrates patience and a positive attitude with team and motivates them to achieve daily and weekly goals.
- Directs, trains and motivates team members during shift on each of the workstations.
- Takes initiative to immediately report violations of safety, sanitation or security or cash policies to restaurant management.
- Motivates team members to comply with loss control procedures and to maintain a safe and secure environment for all.
- Provides a safe work environment by ensuring all OSHA, local health, fire, operational, human resource and safety compliance standards are met.
- Upholds zero-tolerance for harassment and discrimination by addressing issues on their shift and immediately notifying Restaurant General Manager or other layer of leadership or Human Resources.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Needs to consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and energy.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Basic business math and accounting skills.
- Basic personal computer literacy, including knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
Shift Manager Expectations:
- Position requires working up to 40 hours a week. Assigned daily management tasks must be completed prior to leaving for the day.
- Must hold Serv Safe Certification.
- Flexible to work both open and close shifts.
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Responsible to complete nightly inventory.
- Shared responsibility to ensure that the restaurants are kept clean and the team is providing an exceptional visit for our guests with friendliness and product quality.
- Provides direction to subordinate team members when the Restaurant General Manager and/or Co-Manager is absent from restaurant.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- External – 1-year experience in similar role
- Minimum 3 months in KBP position required.
- Certified as Team Trainer required.
- OT or above on Performance Appraisal required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
KBP Bells is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.