At Community Resources for Justice we change lives and strengthen communities by advancing policy and delivering individualized services that promote safety, justice, and inclusion.
CRJ is a unique, 140 year old nonprofit organization headquartered in Boston, that provides direct care as well as research/consulting services within the areas of the Mental Health and the Criminal Justice field. Our three divisions Community Strategies, the Crime and Justice Institute and Social Justice Services are recognized for their effectiveness and contributions to this important work.
Within Social Justice Services (SJS) we support men and women leaving incarceration and young adults with complex clinical needs to make positive, and sustainable life transitions. SJS provides residential and non-residential services and programming in addition to staff development opportunities for our workforce. As we aim on expanding our workforce as well as services to our clients in Boston we are hiring Shift Supervisor's to support our Program Monitors in their day to day tasks within our Boston facilities.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of Program Monitors and ensuring all shift responsibilities are completed. The Supervisor will ensure adherence to our contract and technical proposal as well as CRJ Policy and Procedure. Primary responsibility for ensuring the secure and safe operation of the facility, specifically resident security, supervision and accountability.
- Provides direct supervision of Program Monitors on each shift to provide constructive feedback and situational corrective action
- Coordinates Program Monitor training and orientation under the direction of the Assistant Director.
- Facilitates ongoing supervision of Program Monitors and contributes Annual Job Performance Appraisals.
- Ensures all shift operations is accurately entered in Securmanage (shift activity, resident spot-checks, medication, drug testing, Alco-sensor, searches, incidents, supervision of meals, etc.)
- Ensures shift staffing schedule adheres to contract requirements.
- Conducts weekly inventory for ordering purposes and coordinates purchases with Facility Manager.
- Facilitates weekly safety and sanitation inspection reports.
- Ensures shift incidents are responded to in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible to complete all related notifications and paperwork, including Incident Report prior to leaving shift.
- Schedules fire drills, room searches, urines and monthly property room audit.
- Ensures security camera system is fully operational and used as required during shift operations.
- Maintains list of building maintenance issues and submits all concerns to Facility Manager. Ensures cleanliness of facility and assignment of daily resident chores.
- Facilitates life skills classes and group interventions for residents
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings and trainings as required.
Basic knowledge of offender supervision in community setting, ability to adapt to change, high integrity.
- BA/BS Degree in related field, or 2-4 years related correctional, law enforcement or residential experience.
- 1 year supervisory experience required.
- Prefer experience in residential or community correction program.
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.