While reporting to the Production Manager, you will have full responsibility for managing our hourly production staff. Must be shift flexible. This position ensures the safety of each employee and helps drive a safety first workforce while ensuring top notch quality production. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to drive strategic initiatives focused on continuous improvement, increased productivity and cost savings for an assigned shift.
- You will supervise all production activities for assigned shift, schedule shift employees as well as crew machines to cover vacations, absence and overtime. This position is instrumental in ensuring safety is top priority and ensuring a strong safety culture among the workforce.
- Meet or exceed safety, quality, productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations for assigned shift. Implement and maintain best manufacturing practices.
- Hire, train, direct and mentor shift employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- You will direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, Six Sigma, Kaizen events and lean manufacturing.
This position is located within our injection molding facility in Chatham, NY
- A Bachelors degree is preferred, however equivalent experience can be substituted.
- We expect at least 3+ years proven leadership experience within manufacturing, plastics is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude would be preferred
- Proven leadership in a safe working environment
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.