You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Superintendent, you will provide leadership in safety, productivity, quality, cost performance, employee relations in a high-performance work team environment for the 2nd shift operation.
- You will ensure the safety of all employees by leading a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries, comply with all safety and environmental regulations (SOHA, EPA. Etc.)
- You will hire, train, direct and mentor the employees for the 2nd Shift .
- You will be responsible for the EI (energy isolation) program and champion the EI safety team.
- You will development subordinates through education, training and teamwork.
- You will build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide coaching or discipline as needed.
- You will work with the Maintenance Manager to coordinate plant equipment maintenance and repair.
This position is located in Conyers, GA (near Atlanta)
- We expect you to have a minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience and at least 2 years of experience managing a team
- Experience with Thermoforming highly desired
- Four year degreed highly preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.