You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company.
While reporting to the Production Manager, you will have full responsibility for managing operations and providing strategic value within an injection mold, fast paced operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train new employees on facility rules and procedures. Complete all On Boarding, requirements as outlined by Safety Coordinator.
- Complete all Safety Documentation requirements as outlined by Safety Coordinator
- Coach, direct, and facilitate production employees, focus on team problem solving, consensus building and technical training. Develop machine assignments for all production personnel.
- Provide leadership and direction for improving the operation of the injection molding equipment, focus on team problem solving, consensus building and technical training.
- Provide leadership and direction for meeting and exceeding quality standards, including training of lead technicians and operators in QA requirements.
- Monitor machine run speeds and maximize. Monitor scrap rates and initiate corrective action if appropriate.
- Perform employee evaluations and recommend merit increases, job advancement and training requirements.
- Address, record and maintain records pertaining to personnel issues: attendance, payroll, warnings, vacations and safety issues.
- Communicate with other departments concerning: tooling issues, quality issues, order changes, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area at all times.
This position is located in Forest City, NC within our injection molding operation which focused on food and industrial grade packaging products.
- High school graduate required and College degree preferred
- Proven previous production management experience
- Strong communication and leadership background
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, MRP and other systems
- Injection molding experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.