Job Description:Alltown Fresh is a newly launched brand expected to disrupt and forever change the traditional convenience store market. In addition to fuel for their vehicles, Alltown Fresh offers local communities healthy, fresh food choices and made-to-order meals – including organic, natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and locally-sourced alternatives – all in a rush-free environment where neighbors can hang out with one another. We believe people shouldn’t need to sacrifice healthy and fresh food choices for convenience. Alltown Fresh is the first convenience market in America to offer fresh food choices, as well as gas/diesel, a café, coffee, outdoor seating, groceries, craft beer (when permitted), wifi, pet relief areas, traditional snack options, phone and electric car charging stations.
Essential Job Function:
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the complete operations of the store when a more senior level manager is not present. The Shift Supervisor will assist store management in customer service, product availability, safety, shift management, and vendor care. The Shift Supervisor will work in support of the store management team to ensure customer satisfaction (including store conditions), maximize sales, and achieve established goals. Where applicable, this position will assist the management team with managing the fuel offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure exceptional customer service is being delivered. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and solicit customer feedback and input. Respond to and resolve customer inquiries in a courteous and timely manner.
- Participate with the store management team to improve store performance in areas of sales, controllable expenses, merchandising, marketing, associate retention and associate training and make appropriate recommendations to store management regarding the same.
- Provide direction, motivation, and coaching for associates during the shift.
- Ensure the 24/7 execution of all customer service programs and processes.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices. Responsible for all cash processes which also include deposit preparation, lottery, gift cards, and checks where applicable.
- Complete cash and lottery processes.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate article level inventory to maximize sales; perform cycle counts and orders.
- Check in vendors.
- Recognize associates and celebrate accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to defuse issues using de-escalation and problem solving techniques
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this role
- Ability to direct others and prioritize tasks
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and/or crouch during a shift
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service environment preferred
- Experience leading, developing and selecting teams preferred
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
- Ability to freely access all area of the store including, selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs
- Work in intermittent temperatures (i.e. cooler, outside, etc.,)
Full Time/Part Time Non-ExemptWe are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.