You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel- we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company- it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Production Manager, you are accountable for; safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance and employee relations for assigned crew in this non-union facility.
- Teach and lead the safety process and best manufacturing practices for assigned crew.
- Requires efficient use of resources to manage production and quality to meet customer demands while minimizing overtime and inventory.
- Meet performance metric expectations using methods such as; 5S, 6 Sigma, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing.
- Build and maintain productive relationships that foster employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Provide direction, training and development of hourly employees on assigned crew as well as counseling or discipline as needed.
This position is located in Murfreesboro, TN, which is one of the largest composite can making operations in the nation. We are seeking a high potential candidate with the desire for a significant amount of responsibility now in managing an entire manufacturing crew at this facility as well as the opportunity to develop and grow his or her career.
- We expect you to have a Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering
- You will have at least 2+ years of supervisory experience
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.