Shipboard Test Engineer
CACI is seeking a Shipboard Test Engineer (DDG 1000 T&E Engineer) to provide T&E engineering and program management support to generate, review, and approve DDG 1000 T&E documentation, maintain program and test schedules, manage and track action item completion, and prepare presentations during construction and fleet introduction of the three-ship class in support of the DDG 1000 Program Office Test Director (PMS 500T).
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Maintain a subject matter expert level knowledge of PEO(IWS), Navy and DoD T&E directives, policy and procedures. In particular, the T&E related sections of DODI 5000.02 series and the associated Defense Acquisition Guidebook Chapter 9, DOT&E TEMP Guidebook, and SECNAVINST 5000.2 series and the associated Navy Acquisition and Capabilities Guidebook.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the DoD acquisition process T&E requirements during the development thru fleet introduction of surface ships and their combat/ mission systems. This includes the distinct but related purposes and sequencing of Factory Acceptance Testing, engineering testing, ship construction stage testing, Developmental Testing and Evaluation (DT&E), Integrated Testing (IT), and Operational Testing and Evaluation (OT&E), Post-Delivery Tests and Trials PDT&T), CSSQT, INSURV, and WSESRB / NAVSEA system certification testing pre-requisites, as well as Net Ready/JTIC certifications, and Cybersecurity RMF Authority to Operate.
- Maintain and edit the DDG 1000 Destroyer Program Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), incorporating programmatic requirements for the format, content, development, approval, and maintenance process for this ACAT 1C DoD oversight program key acquisition T&E document.
- Liaison with surface ship combat/mission system acquisition T&E stakeholders including PEO (Ships), PEO (IWS), Naval Undersea, Surface, and Air Warfare Centers, COMOPTEVFOR, OPNAV N96 Surface Warfare, OPNAV N94, ASN(R&D), DD(DT&E), and DOT&E
- Coordinate, collate, and provide the recommended adjudication of TEMP comments from T&E stakeholders to the PMS 500 T&E Director
- Participation in mission area Test Planning Working Groups and their sub groups to provide insight on TEMP testing scenario requirements and resources, and related testing
- Maintain a working knowledge of the capabilities of DoD test ranges, instrumentation, threat representative surrogate targets, and models & simulators, including VV&A requirements.
- Maintain a record of the COMOPTEVFOR Letters of Observation for DT Assist visits, including corrective actions taken on comments of interest.
- Develop justifications in support of T&E programmatic positions and decisions in support of DDG 1000 mission systems and planned test events.
- Provide support in researching, planning, and evaluating DDG 1000 combat/mission systems integration test and trial activities.
- Develop briefings, reports, and official correspondence on behalf of the PMS 500 T&E director and staff.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering curriculum, and 5 years’ experience (mechanical or electrical preferred)
- Active DoD secret security clearance
- Working knowledge of the DoD acquisition system process and the role of T&E in supporting the development of surface ship combat/mission systems
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and effectively schedule required deliverables, meetings, and follow-up actions
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Basic understanding of surface ship combat systems, C4I systems, naval engineering principles, and integrated logistics support
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO