ALMACO, in Nevada, Iowa, is seeking a dedicatedShipping Assistantto join our team!
Our Shipping Department crates and packages our parts and equipment to ship to our clients. This can mean loading a combine harvester, or building a crate for a smaller part.
This is the right job for someone who enjoys a busy work environment, working with a small team, and who enjoys doing carpentry work. It's a job where you get to work with clients and also work with your hands.
ALMACO is the global leader in cutting edge technology, innovative solutions and specialized manufacturer of precision agricultural machinery designed for ag-research within the seed industry. Our products are custom built and specifically manufactured to the requirements of leading research programs throughout the world. ALMACO continues to be the innovator in new products and technologies that serve the seed research equipment marketplace.
ALMACO is a family owned business located in Nevada, IA, which is about 10 miles from Ames, IAand about 30 miles away from Des Moines, IA. We employ about 170 talented professionals.
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package, including Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, 401(k), health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and short-term and long-term disability.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Package ALMACO parts and equipment, by way of designing and constructing crates, boxes, or pallets for shipment using hand and power tools.
- Create required shipping documentation and labels using a computer program.
- Communicate and coordinate with freight carriers and clients to schedule movement of equipment.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing shipments from the shipping dock using a forklift or other secure lifting methods.
- Perform inventories of incoming orders to document the items and their status.
- Transport combines, planters, tractors, or other ALMACO vehicles for business needs.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience with general carpentry, including hand and power tools like saws, nail guns, drills, etc., along with basic design principals.
- Experience with computers and comfort level learning computer programs to accurately generate the required shipping documents and labels.
- Ability to complete job duties and tasks within established time frames.
- Ability to drive and operate large equipment, like forklifts, combines, and tractors (training will be provided.)
- Flexibility with schedule (may be required to work later in the afternoon or occasionally on weekends occasionally to complete shipments.)
- Valid Driver’s License
National Career Readiness Certificate is welcome.
ALMACO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation,)national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.A post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check are required.