SHIPPING ASSISTANTJOB SUMMARY: Drives liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, clamps, elevating platform to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties. They understand and align business operations and the Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
Primary Responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee shipping personnel during assigned shift
- Directs and assigns tasks for shipping employees and holds them accountable for their actions.
- Submits notifications to maintenance on forklift or Shipping equipment repairs and ensures that the equipment is safe to operate.
- Must be proficient at warehouse related SAP applications and paperwork documentation procedures for movement of materials and be able to complete the forms efficiently and accurately. (i.e. ZWM0W/MD04/LL01/LS24/LT24/CO03/VA05/VA03/MIGO and more as needed)
- Check inventory for shipments, run shipments for 2 days in advance, check schedules for all production departments.
- Check shipments for accuracy after they have been pulled and assign drivers to doors that need to be loaded.
- Run MD04 report for shipments that don’t have stock.
- Communicate with scheduler to determine if shipments will be ready for next day for items that are not ready.
- Clearly understand customers’ requirements and deliver results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Process SAP Bill of Lading and Manual Bill of Lading as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of information of counts, weight, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, packing slips, order, or other records.
- Route received items to appropriate departments
- Make sure AIB books are maintained current and updated.
- Maintain accurate and orderly inventory by properly warehousing all materials. All finished good materials scanned to location.
- Ensure Baler room is staffed as needed to support production
- Load trucks, unload trucks, and pull orders as needed.
- Assist material handlers when necessary.
- Immediate reporting of incidents resulting in injury, product, or property damage to supervisor and completion of initial written incident reports involving warehouse employees.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work efficiently as appropriately while peers, managers vendors, and customers.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Pulls customer samples for Continuous Improvement Team.
- Conduct daily preventative maintenance checks on fork lifts
- Submit cycle count on timely manner
- Adhere to all GMP, safety, food safety, SQF, HACCP and food defense procedures
- Assist with scheduling and maintaining of shipping department when the supervisor is out
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork)
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, SIX SIGMA, and other Continuous Improvements programs and processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Ability to pass the pre-employment Mechanical Assessment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Company issued Fork Truck Operator’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Employees are required to work 8-hour (M-F) or 12-hour (2-2-3) schedules including weekends.
Occasional overtime is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee is frequently required to lift or carry 10 to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift or carry 26 to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Personal Protective Equipment (hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, hairnet) is required. Other PPE may be required for specific tasks,
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
GPI Converting, a subsidiary of Graphic Packaging International, LLC (“GPI”)is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster