Job Purpose: Position will report to the Warehouse Supervisor. Works effectively and efficiently in a warehouse environment to received and schedule shipping and freight operations, including developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation. Works with the warehouse team to ensure customer satisfaction, accept and schedule customer orders to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will provide shipping support as required by personnel working in the Warehouse Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in all drivers.
- Print all pertinent paper work for shipping.
- Coordinate with the dock and the drivers what door they will be loading product in.
- Insure all paperwork is properly signed by pick up driver.
- Close loads in the system.
- Coordinate with Customer Service Teams regarding special paperwork for certain orders such as: international, customers that prefer special BOL’s etc. Enter customer orders and scan / index documents as required.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of RJW.
- Communicate customer problems, leads, and inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Recommend improvements and implement approved improvements.
- Update reports as required by operations manager and COO.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Positive telephone personality.
- Capable of being trained to be ‘Phone Assertive’.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Organizational and scheduling skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Computer abilities including word processing, spreadsheet, and ability to learn application software used by RJW.
- Basic office clerical skills.
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
- 1 – 2 years of clerical experience.
- Basic transportation, logistics and shipping experience.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED) is preferred.