One Great Future
In August of 2018 it was announced that Amcor Flexibles and Bemis Company would combine to become the global leader in consumer packaging. This combination allows for a comprehensive global footprint with greater scale in all regions of the world. With a combined company history of more than 300 years, we continue to work collaboratively with our customers to make Amcor the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions. We appreciate your patience while we work to integrate our application and hiring process.
Location: Mundelein, IL
Reports to: Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
Job Overview: This position is responsible for the total shipping function, from picking orders to loading outbound trucks. Responsible to ship customer products and orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Part of AF Mundelein Logistics Team
- Hourly non-exempt, no direct reports.
- Schedule: First shift
- Coordination of shipments on daily basis
- Work with Customer service on any special needs
- Export paperwork
- Entering shipping data into computer
- Loading outbound trucks
- Cycle counting
- Shipping confirmations
- Material transfers
- 5S/General Housekeeping
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- Shipping experience preferred
- Able to obtain a forklift license
- Pallet jack experience
- Shrink wrap experience
- General computer knowledge
- AS400 and/or SAP knowledge helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communication
Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read, speak, and comprehend English
- EHS - Must learn/demonstrate the following EHS competencies: Mobile Lifting Equipment; Hoist Operator; Trash Compactor; Fall Protection/Working at Heights; General Awareness
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, listen, see, hear, feel, handle, grasp, touch, lift, sit, stoop, bend, stand and reach with hands and arms.
Why work at Amcor?
- We value safety, integrity, collaboration, accountability and results and out performance
- Amcor is a growing company which means career opportunities both locally and internationally
- The environment is better off because of our leadership and products
- We offer world class benefits including annual bonus opportunities; including various retirement savings/voluntary pension plans (vary depending on country).
- We value diversity. With sites in over 40 countries around the world, you have the unique opportunity to work and grow with a multi-cultural team.
To apply to this position, please apply on our website at www.amcor.com
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enabler the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.