Do you want to make an impact at a growing company? If so, Chemline has an opportunity for a Shipping & Receiving Assistant at our California location.
Chemline Inc., founded in 1997 and headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, has built a successful business by helping our OEM customers succeed. We offer a wide range of innovative polyurethane coatings and cast resins that protect and endure in some of the toughest environments on earth above ground, below sea and everywhere in between. We offer unrivaled expertise in the development of customized formulations, along with complimentary on-site application training. Everything we do is backed by the best customer service in the industry.
Under the direction of the Operating Manager (CA), the Shipping & Receiving Assistant (SRA) is responsible for performing all the duties of the assigned production area. SRA is the "hands on" part of the team, occupying a direct labor position involved with warehousing, shipping, receiving, and helping to maintaining optimum production flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and approved manner.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operates the stretch wrap banders.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Locate & retrieve raw materials per production needs.
- Store raw materials post production.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Perform all paperwork tasks required including recording raw material lot numbers on batch tickets, initialing RM additions, and labeling vessels with product number and lot number.
- Package approved product into the appropriate containers in accordance with all specified instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tools, and work area; keeps housekeeping a high priority.
- Report any undue delays to the performance of duties so that appropriate steps may be taken to insure smooth flow of production.
- Handle and control hazardous waste materials in compliance with all practices and policies as established by company authorities.
- Responsible for arranging pickups by the carrier specified on the customer's purchase order, which is conveyed to shipping by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Assist Batch Makers by retrieving raw materials needed for daily production and returning those raw materials to their assigned storage areas when finished.
- Works in conjunction with the team to efficiently prioritize manufacturing efforts and to assure that quality and shipments are met, and data accuracy requirements are accomplished.
- Protect the integrity of batches; never perform any activity that may compromise a batch without obtaining approval from proper authority.
- Works to obtain optimum productivity, consistent quality of product, and to meet the customer's specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must have mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Must have ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, spatula, drum carts, hand trucks, fork lifts, utility knife, and mixer/blender machinery.
- Requires the knowledge and ability to operate/run multiple processes including mixer/mill machinery and equipment and run multiple batches.
- Must have working knowledge of chemical and/or color ingredients and mixing processes.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Prefer 1-3 years or equivalent Shipping or Receiving experience.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally handle up to 500 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Core Values
- Service Excellence Heart of a servant, willingness to serve others, desire to please. Customer centered, one who cares, consistent, driven to deliver positive experiences for others. Anticipate needs and delivers before being asked, helpful.
- Team Player Put needs of team before one self. Cooperative, willingness to assist co-workers, dependable. Friendly, dedicated, flexible, works well with others. Easy to deal with, interest in seeing team succeed.
- Hard Working Driven to deliver results, persistent, tireless, show up and make a difference. People who like to work, people who have fun at work, committed, ability to get things done.
- Accountable Take ownership and responsibility, has integrity. Deliver the results you promised by the deadline you committed to.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. with minimal travel required. (Location - not in Chinatown, we are located in E Rancho Dominguez, CA).